TitlesCoordinator of Musical Theater Studies
Peter Mansfield joined Boston Conservatory in 2005, and is an instructor of piano and repertoire for musical theater. Conductor, composer, arranger, and pianist, Mansfield is a native Bostonian, and majored in music at Harvard College where he arranged for and directed the world famous Harvard Krokodiloes, as well as the renowned Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
For more than three decades he has served the Boston Pops Orchestra as arranger, orchestrator, pianist, and music coordinator in Symphony Hall and on tour. As a conductor, he has led the orchestras of Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Omaha, Milwaukee, Pasadena, San Diego, Seattle, Spokane, and Vancouver, as well as the American Symphony Orchestra, the Hudson Valley Philharmonic, the Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra, the Philadelphia Pops, and the National Symphony Orchestra. In 2005 Mansfield began an ongoing affiliation as arranger/orchestrator for singer/songwriter Elisabeth Von Trapp, granddaughter of the legendary Captain Von Trapp of Sound of Music fame, and he continues to compose, arrange, and conduct music for Jacques D’Amboise and The National Dance Institute in New York, Boston, and New Hampshire, an affiliation that started in 1985.
- Elisabeth Von Trapp with The McLean Symphony Orchestra—Arranger/Orchestrator (2016)
- Fidelity Young Artist Competition (The Boston Pops Orchestra, 2016)—Panelist, Judge
- Spring Awakening (Boston Conservatory, 2016)—Conductor
- Boston Marathon Tribute Concert (The Boston Pops Orchestra, 2014)—Vocal Coach
- The Pajama Game (Boston Conservatory, 2014)—Conductor
- A Gershwin Celebration (The Boston Pops Orchestra and Boston Conservatory, 2013)—Music Supervisor, Arranger, Orchestrator
- Merrily We Roll Along (Boston Conservatory, 2013)—Conductor
- A Cole Porter Tribute with Kelli O'Hara and Jason Danieley (The Boston Pops Orchestra, 2012)—Music Supervisor, Arranger, Orchestrator