Steven Ladd Jones
Steven Ladd Jones joined Boston Conservatory in 2009 and is an instructor of musical theater and music theory.
Prior to joining the conservatory faculty, Jones worked as a music director and vocal coach in Los Angeleswhere he music directed productions of Kiss of the Spiderwoman, Little Shop of Horrors, Schoolhouse Rock Live, Company, and many more. In addition, he has worked on several new works, including Broads! The Musical, Bark! The Musical, American Tales, Vonnegut: Between Time and Timbuktu, and Factory Girls. Jones has worked extensively in children's theater, show choir, and classical choral settings, and has taught as a guest lecturer and music director at Boston College and the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
Jones earned his B.M. in music composition: commercial media writing from California State Univsersity Northridge.
Professional Awards and Recognitions
- Dean's Council member (Boston Conservatory, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Spring Awakening (Boston Conservatory, 2016)—Music Director
- The Wild Party (Boston Conservatory, 2015)—Music Director, Conductor
- The Pajama Game (Boston Conservatory, 2015)—Music Director
- Assassins (Boston Conservatory, 2015)—Music Director, Conductor
- Merrily We Roll Along (Boston Conservatory, 2014)—Music Director