July 10–28, 2017
Are you ready to take your dancing to the next level? Study with our world-renowned faculty and guest artists in an immersive summer program that will transform your technique, ignite your artistry, and inspire your spirit.
During Boston Conservatory's three-week Summer Dance Intensive (SDI), you will study with Conservatory faculty and acclaimed guest artists in a program that offers the trademark Boston Conservatory combination of rigorous classical training and a cutting-edge approach to contemporary dance.
Who Should Apply
Students and professionals between the ages of 15–22 who possess a strong technical background in ballet. Applicants must also have an interest in expanding into contemporary ballet, modern dance, and improvisation.
Tuition and Fees
- Application Fee: $90 (before April 1); $125 (April 2–June 1)
- Tuition: $2,275
- Housing and Meals:* $1,985
- Meals Only:* TBA
Students who take advantage of the housing and meal plan enjoy on-campus housing in the Conservatory’s historical brownstones and the many offerings of the Berklee cafeteria, just down the street.
*Students may request a waiver of housing and/or meals with proof of alternate options. All waivers are at the discretion of the Extension Programs Office.
Scholarships are available on a limited basis for this program. Contact email@example.com for more information.
How to Apply
Students should submit an application, supplemental materials, and fee through our online application system. Applications should include:
- Letter of recommendation
- Full-length dance shot
- One-page (maximum) resumé
- Video audition: Your video audition should be a 60- to 90-second solo piece that highlights range and dynamics. It must also include an application introduction (your name, age, where you are from, and why you would like to attend SDI). Applicants should be sure that their recordings are appropriately lit and are in focus. Applicants are encouraged to introduce themselves to the faculty.
- There is no additional charge to submit your materials through our online platform, and we receive all materials instantly. Individual files can be as large as 5GB, though larger files may take longer to upload.
- Acceptance decisions will be communicated via the online system. Accepted students must complete registration through the same system.
- Registered students will be billed separately and will receive an email within 48 hours of registration.
Apply by June 1, 2017.
Faculty and Guest Instructors
- Kurt Douglas, program director
- Christina Johnson, guest artist - rehearsal director/dancer: Complexions Contemporary Ballet, Dance Theater of Harlem, Ballett Basel, Les Ballet du Grand Theatre de Geneve
- Tobin Del Cuore, guest artist - reconstructor/dancer: Azure Barton, Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
- Kate Skarpetowska, guest artist - reconstructor/dancer: Lar Lubovitch Dance Company, David Parsons Dance Company
|9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.||Ballet Technique|
|10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.||Guest Artist Master Class|
|12:15 p.m.-1:15 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:15 p.m.-2:45 p.m.||Afternoon Elective Course 1|
|3:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m.||Afternoon Elective Course 2|
|3:45 p.m.-5:00 p.m.||Repertory/Rehearsal|