Counseling and Advising Center
939 Boyston Street, 3rd Floor.
Counseling and Wellness Center
32 Fenway (Lower Level)
Introduction to Counseling and Wellness
Boston Conservatory at Berklee encourages students to make physical and emotional health a priority in their lives. We believe that wellness is an essential foundation for personal and artistic development throughout one's life. A department within Student Affairs, the conservatory counseling and wellness department as a whole strives to provide students with education, consultation, counseling, and resources that promote healthy lifestyles now and in the future.
The Counseling and Wellness supports the whole student: body, mind, and spirit. We partner with students to provide and connect them with resources that encourage growth, validate needs, and challenge barriers to promote an inclusive, compassionate community. Counseling and Wellness is available to help students achieve a greater sense of wellness through counseling, education, and connection with community resources.
- Provide short-term individual counseling
- Provide mental health assessments and referrals
- Coordinate year-round wellness programs and consultations
- Service coordination for students with disabilities
- Liaise with student medical services at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates
- Administer student health insurance program
- Oversee student immunization requirements
Connect with Counseling and Wellness
Listen to the Podcast Check out FourWords, the podcast designed to cultivate a more thoughtful creative community. Join the conversation!
Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Mental health counseling and other services are available earlier and later on weekdays, and on Saturdays, by appointment only.
Director of Student Wellness and Health Promotion
Director of Counseling Services
Associate Dean of Health and Wellness
Lisa Listerman, LICSW, ACSW
Associate Director of Counseling Services
Liz Bailey, LMHC
Megan Hughes, LMHC
Lindsay Maxwell-Morris, LMHC
Taka Watanabe, LMHC
- Nutrition Counseling
- Alexander Technique: Diane Hovenesian, certified Alexander Technique teacher
- Massage Therapy: Jennifer Hunt, licensed and certified Massage Therapist
- Physical Therapy: Artists Rehabilitation and Therapy Services, led by Susan Kinney
- Sports Medicine: Medical fellows completing their final year of training at Boston Children's Hospital
- Recreation and Physical Activity: Northeastern University provides Conservatory students the option to purchase memberships for its on-campus facility. All billing and services are handled directly through Northeastern. Students may also join the Huntington YMCA at a student rate.