July 23–August 10, 2018
Is it your dream to be a triple threat on Broadway? Boston Conservatory's Musical Theater Dance Intensive (MTDI) offers talented young dancers the opportunity to deepen their skills and challenge their abilities as they work with Broadway veterans and acclaimed faculty in rigorous training in ballet, jazz, and theater dance. The dance program is complemented with classes in voice and acting to build triple-threat performers.
Students will emerge from this three-week intensive with increased technical abilities in ballet, jazz, and theater dance, improved skills in choral ensemble work, and greater confidence in and understanding of acting skills and how they apply to "acting the song."
Who Should Apply
Students and professionals between the ages of 15 and 25 with significant dance experience.
Tuition and Fees
- Application Fee: $90
- Tuition: $2,310
- Housing and Meals*: $2,055
Students who take advantage of the housing and meal plan enjoy on-campus housing in the Conservatory’s historical brownstones and the many offerings of the Berklee cafeteria, just down the street.
How to Apply
Students should submit an application, supplemental materials, and fee through our online application system:
- One artistic resumé
- One head shot
- One letter of recommendation from a dance teacher
- Though a live dance audition is recommended (audition dates and times below), a video audition may be uploaded in lieu of an in-person audition. Submitting a video audition does not negatively affect your application. Your video audition must consist of a one-minute unedited dance piece in the style of musical theater, jazz and/or ballet, and it must highlight your technique and musicality. Applicants submitting a video audition should be sure that their recordings are appropriately lit and are in focus. Applicants are encouraged to introduce themselves to the faculty.
- There is no additional charge to submit your materials through our online platform, and we receive all materials instantly. Individual files can be as large as 5GB, though larger files may take longer to upload.
- Candidates are encouraged to complete an online application before attending auditions; however, prior completion is not mandatory.
- Acceptance decisions will be communicated via the online system. Accepted students must complete registration through the same system.
- Registered students will be billed separately and will receive an email within 48 hours of registration.
Audition Dates and Locations
|January 14, 2018||Atlanta||Atlanta Ballet, 1695 Marietta Boulevard NW, Atlanta, Georgia, 30318||11:00 a.m.|
|January 17, 2018||Miami||Miami City Ballet, 2200 Liberty Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139||12:00 p.m.|
|January 20, 2018||New York||Pearl Studios NYC, 500 8th Avenue, New York, New York, 10018||2:00 p.m.|
|February 4, 2018||Chicago||Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe Street, Chicago, Illinois, 60603||6:00 p.m.|
|February 10, 2018||Los Angeles||Westin LAX, 5400 W. Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, 90045||2:00 p.m.|
|February 18, 2018||Boston||Boston Conservatory at Berklee, 31 Hemenway Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02215||9:30 a.m.|
June 1, 2018
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-912-9166 with any questions you may have regarding this program.