The library’s holdings include more than 50,000 items, covering the areas of music performance, music history and literature, music education, opera, musical theater, world drama, dance history, dance notation, and dance choreography.
In addition to books about these topics, the Alphin Library offers the following:
- Collected editions of composers' works
- Piano/vocal scores for musical theater and classical
- Solo instrumental literature
- Chamber performance sets
- Study scores
- Plays and scripts
- Commercial recordings on CD, LP, DVD, and video
- More than 3,500 local recordings of Boston Conservatory performances
- Almost 200 music, dance, and theater periodicals (electronic and print)
- Electronic databases for reference, streaming audio, scores, and periodicals
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
For items not available in the library’s collection, we offer interlibrary loan services to current students, faculty, and staff. To request an item, please fill out the ILL Request Form, or make your request in person during office hours. Most items arrive within a week or two, but others may take longer depending on the lending institution.
Submit ILL Request