Apply in Three Steps
To enroll at Boston Conservatory at Berklee, students must be both academically and artistically accepted into the program. Applications will open September 1. To apply, follow the three steps outlined below. Any questions about the application process or requirements should be directed to the Conservatory's Admissions Office. Note: Admission to Berklee College of Music is a separate process.
View this page in your language: Korean | Simplified Chinese | Traditional Chinese
1) Submit an Application
Applications will open September 1. Submit your online application by the deadline, accompanied by a $150 (non-refundable) application fee, payable online in your application portal (please do not send checks). Boston Conservatory at Berklee also accepts application fee waivers from the College Board, National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), or your guidance office. Please email application fee waivers to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax application fee waivers to 617-747-2047. Please do not send checks or application fee waivers in the mail, as we may not process them before the deadline. Questions about application fee waivers should be directed to email@example.com.
Early Action: Undergraduate applicants may choose to apply early action by the November 1 deadline. Learn more about Early Action deadlines.
Music education applicants: When starting your application, please select Summer (June 2018) for the term.
2) Provide Supporting Materials
The academic credentials and supporting materials below are required as part of your application. Note:
- Boston Conservatory at Berklee does not require SAT or ACT scores, but you may choose to include your test scores if they are an area of strength.
- All supporting materials must be postmarked on or before the posted deadline date.
First-Time College Applicants
- You must submit official, up-to-date high school academic transcripts or General Educational Development (GED) scores.
- If you have college/university credits at another institution, you must also submit an official transcript.
- All documents must be submitted in English. If you are applying as an international student, please see the International Applicant Requirements below.
Applicants who have completed at least one full semester of college-level credits are considered transfer students and are required to submit the following:
- Official transcripts of all completed college/university-level work as well as a copy of your high school diploma as evidence of graduation.
- High school transcripts are not required if four full semesters of college have been completed at the time of application.
Course selection and length of study to earn the bachelor’s degree will be determined following the audition, transcript audit, proficiency examination results, and first-semester jury results.
Applicants with schooling that has been completed outside of the United States and Canada are required to submit a credential evaluation report. You must submit official transcripts for evaluation by an accredited credential evaluation agency, such as the Education Credential Evaluators. Please ask for a course-by-course evaluation with grades. Any applicant who is enrolled or has graduated from an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma school with an IB Diploma is exempt from submitting documents through a credential evaluator.
If you are applying to a degree program and your first language is not English, you are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score to complete your application for admission. Refer to the chart below for score requirements for your intended degree.
If your test score does not meet the minimum score for your intended program, you may be invited to attend our Music and English Intensive Program.
TOEFL and IELTS Scores Required for Admissions Consideration
|Program||TOEFL IBt||TOEFL PAPER-BASED||IELTS|
Graduate Performance Diploma
Professional Studies Certificate
Bachelor of Music
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Master of Music in Performance or Composition
Master of Fine Arts
Artist Diploma in Performance
|*IELTS scores listed are guidelines based on overall band scores. Individual break-out scores in the four areas (Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking) will be evaluated to determine eligibility for admissions to a particular program of study.|
Boston Conservatory at Berklee reserves the right to rescind admission to any applicant whose application documentation we deem incomplete or insufficient.
There are important and explicit regulations governing acceptable documentation. The Conservatory requires:
- A full outline of the curriculum by subject, including textbooks for each course
- Assessment procedures and grades
- Evidence of official recognition by the school district and/or state department of education, or the GED
All graduate applicants are required to have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, conservatory, or university. Graduate students must submit the following:
Most recent official college transcripts
Mailing Supporting Documents
Your materials should be mailed to:
Berklee College of Music/Boston Conservatory at Berklee
Office of Admissions
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
- If you are mailing your application materials, please do so by registered mail so your documents can be tracked if necessary.
- Please make copies of all documents for your records and, whenever possible, mail all supporting documents together in one envelope.
- We can only accept documents sent electronically if provided directly by the issuing institution.
3) Perform an Audition
Boston Conservatory at Berklee requires an audition and/or interview of all applicants, depending on your major. Once your application has been submitted, you may be invited to register for an audition in the application portal. If your major requires a pre-screen, you must first submit your pre-screen materials by the deadline in order to be considered for a live audition. For details on this process, please view the following resources:
Undergraduate applicants must also complete an online interview in addition to their live audition. Details will be emailed to you upon registration for your audition.