Renowned for their thorough training of young composers, Boston Conservatory’s composition programs provide a strong foundation for a lifetime of expression through music.
- B.M.Bachelor of Music in CompositionFour-Year Program
- M.M.Master of Music in CompositionTwo-Year Program
- P.S.C.Professional Studies Certificate in CompositionOne-Year Program
- G.P.D.Graduate Performance Diploma in CompositionTwo-Year Program
Boston Conservatory Named a Best School for Dance, Composition, and More in 2020
"The Conservatory's composition program gives students a solid foundation in the fundamentals of the craft of composition. Our supportive community empowers students to embrace their musical voice and develop a deep curiosity for what is possible."
—Jonathan Bailey Holland, Chair of Composition, Contemporary Music, and Core Studies
WATCH: Get a behind-the-scenes look at Boston Conservatory's recording session of WCRB's radio station sounder, composed by Paul Fake (M.M. '16). Over a two-day period, 114 versions of the sounder were performed by Boston Conservatory students and recorded at the WGBH studio in Boston, Massachusetts.
In a Year
- 30 concerts featuring student-composed works
- 180 debuts of student-composed work
- 225+ new works presented in concert