- Boston Conservatory Double Reed Weekend 2022
- Boston Conservatory Single Reed Weekend 2022
- Performance Opportunities
I endeavor to help students find and advance their individual strengths and nurture their unique musical voices, while also developing the versatility needed to succeed in the 21st-century musical world.
Jan Halloran joined the Conservatory in 2017 as an instructor of clarinet and chamber music. She also leads the Woodwind Seminar.
Halloran holds the position of principal clarinet with Boston Lyric Opera and regularly appears with many of Boston’s preeminent ensembles, including Boston Modern Orchestra Project, Odyssey Opera, Boston Philharmonic, and Emmanuel Music. In addition, she is highly in demand as an orchestral musician throughout New England. She has been a member of the Portland Symphony Orchestra's clarinet section since 1993, spends summers with Opera North, Boston Midsummer Opera, and Monadnock Music, and performs with the Rhode Island Philharmonic.
As a chamber musician, Halloran was a founding member of the New England Reed Trio, with whom she performed, recorded, and commissioned dozens of new works for oboe, clarinet, and bassoon. As part of their mission to enhance the reed trio repertoire and share it with audiences, the trio appeared frequently on WGBH Radio, where they introduced their commissioned works as well as prize winners from their annual composition competition. She has also been a guest artist with the Walden Chamber Players, Radius Ensemble, South Coast Chamber Music Society, and Classicopia. She has been on the faculty of Dartmouth College since 2007, and also maintains a private teaching studio.
Halloran holds a Bachelor of Music degree from the Eastman School of Music, and earned her Master of Music degree from Boston University. Her primary teachers were Thomas Thompson, Michael Webster, and Thomas Martin.
- The Nefarious, Immoral but Highly Profitable Enterprise of Mr. Burke & Mr. Hare (world premiere, Boston Lyric Opera, November 2017)—Principal clarinet/bass clarinet
- The Siege of Calais (Odyssey Opera, October 2017)—Principal clarinet
- Tosca (Boston Lyric Opera, October 2017)—Principal clarinet
- The Maid of Orleans (Odyssey Opera, September 2017)—Principal clarinet