Boston Conservatory Earns Several “Best of” Recognitions in 2021
For the past several years, independent reviewers—from Buzzfeed and Backstage to Playbill and College Magazine—have recognized Boston Conservatory at Berklee as a destination school for dance, music, and theater artists. Check out the school’s 2021 accolades from College Gazette, Inside Music Schools, Prep Scholar, and more:
- College Gazette named Boston Conservatory its list of the “10 best performing arts colleges in the United States” for its prestigious programs, acclaimed faculty, and track record for sending graduates to Broadway, major symphonic orchestras, film and television, and more. College Gazette also noted the high desirability of the school’s location in the culturally rich city of Boston, easy access to renowned arts organizations, and student benefits from the 2016 merger with Berklee, which created “one of the most impressive performing arts institutions in the world.”
- Prep Scholar named Boston Conservatory one “the 13 Best Performing Arts Colleges in the U.S.” for its dance programs, noting the world-class faculty who have worked with renowned choreographers (Antony Tudor, Robert Joffrey, José Limón, Martha Graham, Alvin Ailey, Agnes de Mille, and more) and companies (Boston Ballet, Joffrey Ballet of New York, Limón Dance Company, and more).
- Boston Conservatory was named in College Transitions’ selective list of top dance schools in 2021, based on academic major options, institutional selectivity, class size and student-to-faculty ratio, peer assessment, and graduate earnings.
- For the second year in a row, Careers in Music named Boston Conservatory’s composition program as one of the “10 Best Music Composition Programs in the U.S.” In its summary of highlights, the publication notes the array of performance opportunities, strong foundational curriculum, small conservatory vibe, and opportunities across the larger Berklee institution.
- College Gazette included both Boston Conservatory at Berklee and Berklee College of Music in its 2021 list of “30 Best Music Schools and Conservatories in the U.S.,” citing each school’s distinct but complementary strengths—the College’s dominance in jazz and popular music and the Conservatory’s expertise in classical music—as a top reason to apply.
- Best Music Schools separately listed Boston Conservatory at Berklee and Berklee College of Music in its compilation of the “best 20 music conservatories,” based on affordability, academic quality, and enrollment.
- Prep Scholar named Boston Conservatory at Berklee number three in its list of the best 15 music schools for 2021, highlighting the unique opportunities students have aspart of the larger Berklee institution, which also includes Berklee College of Music, Berklee Online, BerkleeNYC, and Berklee Valencia (Spain).
- Successful Student ranked Boston Conservatory at Berklee and Berklee College of Music fifth in their compilation of the top 25 music programs in the United States, considering overall reputation, acceptance rates, diversity of programs offered, and alum success.
- Intelligent named Boston Conservatory’s graduate music education programs in its 2021–2022 list of the “Top 34 Masters in Music Education Programs,” based on proven career success and professional opportunities. Beginning in 2022–2023, these graduate music programs will be offered through Berklee College of Music (which already offers an undergraduate music education program) to provide a comprehensive suite of experiential training.
- The College Audition ranked Boston Conservatory second in its list of “top 20 musical theater college programs according to a college audition coach,” explaining that it’s one of the most rigorous theater programs, located in one of the most active theater cities.
- Inside Music Schools affirmed Boston Conservatory as one of the “best schools to study musical theater.” In its summary of the ranking, the publication notes the variety of music-making opportunities, excellent faculty, multidisciplinary environment, and access to courses at Berklee College of Music as reasons Boston Conservatory should be top on prospective student’s lists.