Cassie M. Seinuk
TitlesInstructor of Theater Arts
SpecialtiesContemporary Theater and Musical Theater
Theater is a hybrid art, a combination of the talents and skills of many artists, technicians, and professionals. My goal is to highlight that collaborative nature of our art form.
Cassie M. Seinuk joined Boston Conservatory at Berklee in 2018 as an instructor of theater arts and teaches Theater Process and Production.
Seinuk is a Jewish Cuban playwright, visual artist, educator, and Actors’ Equity Association stage manager based in Boston. Her plays have been produced nationwide. Her play From the Deep was a recipient of the Boston University Jewish Culture Endowment, and appeared on the 2015 Kilroys Honorable Mention List. From the Deep has received multiple awards, including the Pestalozzi New Play Prize and the Kennedy Center’s Latinx Playwrights Award, as well as several IRNE Award Nominations. In 2016, the show nearly sold out at the FringeNYC Festival.
Seinuk’s play Eyes Shut. Door Open. was a recipient of the Bob Jolly Charitable Fund Prize, and received the 2016 OnStage Critics Award for an Outstanding New Work. Her short play Occupy Hallmark won the 2015 National Ten Minute Play Award at the Kennedy Center, and has now been produced in cities and colleges throughout the United States and Canada. Her full-length play, Dream House, was developed at New Repertory Theatre as part of Next Voices Fellows. The play was a 2017 Massachusetts Cultural Council Artist Fellow finalist, and a semi-finalist for the National Playwrights Conference at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre Center. Her newest play, Una Me Da Leche, was also a semi-finalist at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre Center, and received honorable mention for the Granite State Playwright’s Workshop.
Seinuk holds an M.F.A. in creative writing with a focus on writing for stage and screen from Lesley University, and a B.A. in theater arts and creative writing from Brandeis University. She is a member of the Dramatist Guild and the Actors’ Equity Association. When she’s not writing, she works as a fourth and fifth grade teacher and theater educator in the Boston area.
Professional Awards and Recognitions
- National Gary Garrison Ten Minute Play Award, Occupy Hallmark (Kennedy Center, 2015)
- Winner of the Boston University Jewish Cultural Endowment, From the Deep (Boston production, 2014)
- Second Place Latinidad Playwriting Award, From the Deep (Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival, 2013)
- Massachusetts Cultural Council Artist Fellow Finalist in Dramatic Writing, Dream House (2017)
- Bob Jolly Charitable Trust Grant, Eyes Shut. Door Open. (2016)
Notable Recent Works
- Red Elektra (Original Devised Adaptation with Liars & Believers, 2019)—Playwright
- Photograph51 (The Nora Theatre Company, 2019)—Production Stage Manager
- Precious Little (The Nora Theatre Company, 2017)—Production Stage Manager
- The Boston Theatre Marathon (Boston Playwrights' Theatre, 2019)—Production Stage Manager