2021 Commencement Ceremony
May 8, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
This year's virtual commencement ceremony will be a celebration of the class of 2021's time at the Conservatory culminating in the conferral of degrees, including our honorary degree recipients Chita Rivera and André Watts.
Access to the livestream will be available to students and guests prior to May 8, and will also be available on demand following the conclusion of the event. A program listing all graduates’ names will also be available prior to the ceremony on the commencement webpage.
Boston Conservatory is also pleased to announce that plans are underway to convene divisional in-person events, pending the continued easing of state and city COVID-19 restrictions. We will email students as details become available, and also plan to live stream these events so those who are unable to attend can still participate virtually.
Share a Congratulatory Message
Students, friends, family, faculty, and staff are invited to post congratulatory messages for Boston Conservatory graduates here. You can also congratulate your friends at Berklee College of Music by posting a message here.
Information and Resources for Graduating Students
Caps and Gowns
If you applied for graduation and indicated that you would be participating in the May 2021 commencement ceremony, Boston Conservatory emailed information to your Berklee email on February 26 regarding how to order commencement regalia. Regalia is the word used to describe the cap, gown, hood, and tassel you will wear at the ceremony. Your regalia is provided at no charge to you and is yours to keep.
You can choose to have your cap and gown shipped to the Berklee Bookstore or to a location of your choice (within the United States or outside of the United States). Additional directions are here. Students who have shipped their cap and gown to the bookstore can pick-up their regalia Monday, April 26 through Friday, April 30 between 10:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m. at the Berklee College Bookstore, 1090 Boylston Street; applicable students will also receive an email with this information.
View information about getting your diploma. Diploma covers will be mailed out in the summer.
Custom Diploma Frames
Browse and learn how to order a custom Boston Conservatory at Berklee diploma frame.
Graduation Lawn Signs and Congratulatory Posters
Print a poster or a lawn sign to congratulate the Boston Conservatory Class of 2021. There are two options to print:
- Print at Home: to do so, simply download one of the below sign sizes and print as usual:
- Professional Printing (recommended for larger signs): to do so, contact a local or online print vendor and share the following information with them:
- Directions: You would like to print a 18" x 24" lawn sign with full bleeds, including two stakes for each sign (if you'd like to display outside)
- Stock: we suggest Coroplast or corrugated plastic
- Ink: High-quality digital color printing, full bleeds
- File: Send this version of the sign to your vendor to print
Download a virtual background to show your Boston Conservatory pride:
- Version 1: 132 Ipswich St, Richard Ortner Studio Building
- Version 2: 31 Hemenway
- Version 3: Boston Conservatory at Berklee Theater
Campus Life Raffle
Berklee Campus Life wants graduating students to share your best Berklee memory. Send a short video (30 seconds or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM the Campus Life team on Instagram and they will share your videos on social media. Participants will be entered into a raffle for prizes. Submissions will be accepted from April 15 through May 14.
Show Us Your Cap and Gown
Graduates, have you added flair to your cap? Taken some fun photos in your regalia? Boston Conservatory and Berklee Campus Life wants you to share them! Participants will be entered into a raffle for prizes, and may have their photo reposted on Boston Conservatory and/or Berklee's social media accounts.
To submit, tag your photo(s) on social media with #bocograd2021 and #berkleeanywhere between April 28 and May 14.
- Whom do I contact about degree audit requirements, diplomas, or commencement?
Email Evan Kopca, assistant registrar at email@example.com.
- Who do I talk to about how to find the right next step in my career after graduation?
The Career Center is here to help you up to a full year after graduation.
- International Students: Who do I talk to if I’m interested in working in the U.S. after graduation
International Student Services is available to answer all questions related to international student policies, including Optional Practical Training (OPT).
- How do I avoid final semester burnout?
Reach out to health and wellness services and follow them on Instagram to stay up-to-date on resources for you.
- How can I connect with other Berklee alumni after graduation?
Waiting for you on the other side of graduation is the Alumni Affairs Office, ready to help you connect with fellow alumni across the globe.