Counseling and Advising Center
939 Boylston Street—Floor 3
Introduction to Health and Wellness
Boston Conservatory at Berklee encourages students to make physical and emotional health a priority in their lives. We believe that wellness is an essential foundation for personal and artistic development throughout one's life. The Conservatory's Health and Wellness department strives to provide students with education, consultation, counseling, and resources that promote healthy lifestyles now and in the future.
We partner with students to provide and connect them with resources that encourage growth, validate needs, and challenge barriers to promote an inclusive, compassionate community. The Health and Wellness staff is available to help students achieve a greater sense of wellness through counseling, education, and connection with community resources.
- Provide short-term individual counseling
- Provide mental health assessments and referrals
- Coordinate year-round wellness programs and consultations
- Oversee our partnership with Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates as our designated health center
- Assist students with the student health insurance plan
- Oversee student immunization requirements
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
On certain designated days, our mental health counselors may have student appointments in the evening.
Please call 617-747-2310 to schedule an appointment with the counseling staff.
During Business Hours
The Counseling and Advising Center (CAC) has an on-call counselor available from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday, to assist students who may need immediate attention. Students who are in crisis or having a mental health emergency should call 617-747-2310 or visit the office and inform the receptionist that they need to speak to a personal counselor immediately or on the same day.
Staff, faculty, family members, and students who are concerned about a student’s wellbeing may also request an urgent-care consultation with an on-call counselor. Please call 617-747-2310 or visit the CAC to speak with the receptionist and leave a message for the on-call counselor, who will respond promptly.
After Business Hours
If there is a mental health emergency after business hours or on the weekend, members of the Berklee community should call Public Safety at 617-747-8888 (or extension 8888 from on-campus telephones). Public Safety will contact a clinical consultant who will be able to help.
You may also call 911 or go to your local hospital emergency room for assistance.
Health and Wellness Staff
Associate Dean of Health and Wellness
Assistant Director of Health Promotion
Case Manager/Student Health Liaison
Felix F. Pizzi, LMHC, CCMHC
Director of Counseling Services
Lisa Listerman, LICSW, ACSW
Associate Director of Counseling Services
Elizabeth Egan, MPH, LICSW
Megan Hughes, LMHC
Lindsay Maxwell-Morris, LMHC
Ryan Stanley, LMHC
Teri Wilson, LICSW
- Nutrition Counseling: Janel Funk, registered dietician
- Alexander Technique: Diane Hovenesian, certified Alexander Technique teacher
- Massage Therapy: Jennifer Hunt, licensed and certified massage therapist
- Physical Therapy: Artists' rehabilitation and therapy services, led by Susan Kinney
- Sports Medicine: Medical fellows completing their final year of training at Boston Children's Hospital