TitlesCoordinator of Musical Theater Studies
Peter Mansfield joined the Conservatory in 2005 and is an instructor of piano and repertoire for musical theater. Conductor, composer, arranger, and pianist, Mansfield is a native Bostonian and majored in music at Harvard College, where he arranged for and directed the world-famous Harvard Krokodiloes as well as the renowned Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
For more than three decades, Mansfield has served the Boston Pops Orchestra as arranger, orchestrator, pianist, and music coordinator in Symphony Hall and on tour. As a conductor, he has led the orchestras of Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Omaha, Milwaukee, Pasadena, San Diego, Seattle, Spokane, and Vancouver, as well as the American Symphony Orchestra, the Hudson Valley Philharmonic, the Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra, the Philly Pops, and the National Symphony Orchestra. In 2005, Mansfield began an ongoing affiliation as arranger/orchestrator for singer/songwriter Elisabeth von Trapp, granddaughter of the legendary Captain von Trapp of Sound of Music fame, and he continues to compose, arrange, and conduct music for Jacques d’Amboise and the National Dance Institute in New York, Boston, and New Hampshire, an affiliation that started in 1985.
- Elisabeth von Trapp with the McLean Symphony Orchestra—Arranger/orchestrator (2016)
- Fidelity Young Artists Competition (Boston Pops Orchestra, 2016)—Panelist, judge
- Spring Awakening (Boston Conservatory, 2016)—Conductor
- Boston Marathon Tribute Concert (Boston Pops Orchestra, 2014)—Vocal coach
- The Pajama Game (Boston Conservatory, 2014)—Conductor
- A Gershwin Celebration (Boston Pops Orchestra and Boston Conservatory, 2013)—Music supervisor, arranger, orchestrator
- Merrily We Roll Along (Boston Conservatory, 2013)—Conductor
- A Cole Porter Tribute with Kelli O'Hara and Jason Danieley (Boston Pops Orchestra, 2012)—Music supervisor, arranger, orchestrator